Drew talks NL Central, Pujols free agency, and poor iPhone reception on the Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast
May 15, 2011, 11:55 AM EST
You’ll have to excuse the self-promotion here, but it’s Sunday morning and I’m sure you’ve heard enough about Jorge Posada at this point.
I spent about 45 minutes chatting with a couple of Cardinals bloggers this past Wednesday for the first episode of their new Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast. We discussed the different teams in the National League Central, Ryan Theriot‘s shaky defense at shortstop, Albert Pujols‘ contract situation, poor iPhone service, Chris Carpenter‘s early struggles, and more.
If you can handle listening to my voice, which is more Pauly Shore than Sam Elliot unfortunately, you might get some good Cardinals chatter.
Thanks to Josh and Nick for having me. They plan on producing a show every couple of weeks, so subscribe on iTunes if you like what you hear. And check out the Pitchers Hit 8th blog for all sorts of smart analysis.
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 0
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 24
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)