Drew talks NL Central, Pujols free agency, and poor iPhone reception on the Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast
May 15, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
You’ll have to excuse the self-promotion here, but it’s Sunday morning and I’m sure you’ve heard enough about Jorge Posada at this point.
I spent about 45 minutes chatting with a couple of Cardinals bloggers this past Wednesday for the first episode of their new Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast. We discussed the different teams in the National League Central, Ryan Theriot‘s shaky defense at shortstop, Albert Pujols‘ contract situation, poor iPhone service, Chris Carpenter‘s early struggles, and more.
If you can handle listening to my voice, which is more Pauly Shore than Sam Elliot unfortunately, you might get some good Cardinals chatter.
Thanks to Josh and Nick for having me. They plan on producing a show every couple of weeks, so subscribe on iTunes if you like what you hear. And check out the Pitchers Hit 8th blog for all sorts of smart analysis.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (159)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)