Drew talks NL Central, Pujols free agency, and poor iPhone reception on the Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast
May 15, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
You’ll have to excuse the self-promotion here, but it’s Sunday morning and I’m sure you’ve heard enough about Jorge Posada at this point.
I spent about 45 minutes chatting with a couple of Cardinals bloggers this past Wednesday for the first episode of their new Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast. We discussed the different teams in the National League Central, Ryan Theriot‘s shaky defense at shortstop, Albert Pujols‘ contract situation, poor iPhone service, Chris Carpenter‘s early struggles, and more.
If you can handle listening to my voice, which is more Pauly Shore than Sam Elliot unfortunately, you might get some good Cardinals chatter.
Thanks to Josh and Nick for having me. They plan on producing a show every couple of weeks, so subscribe on iTunes if you like what you hear. And check out the Pitchers Hit 8th blog for all sorts of smart analysis.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)