Drew talks NL Central, Pujols free agency, and poor iPhone reception on the Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast
May 15, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
You’ll have to excuse the self-promotion here, but it’s Sunday morning and I’m sure you’ve heard enough about Jorge Posada at this point.
I spent about 45 minutes chatting with a couple of Cardinals bloggers this past Wednesday for the first episode of their new Pitchers Hit 8th Podcast. We discussed the different teams in the National League Central, Ryan Theriot‘s shaky defense at shortstop, Albert Pujols‘ contract situation, poor iPhone service, Chris Carpenter‘s early struggles, and more.
If you can handle listening to my voice, which is more Pauly Shore than Sam Elliot unfortunately, you might get some good Cardinals chatter.
Thanks to Josh and Nick for having me. They plan on producing a show every couple of weeks, so subscribe on iTunes if you like what you hear. And check out the Pitchers Hit 8th blog for all sorts of smart analysis.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 23
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 43
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 48
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)