May 15, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Since the soreness is in his non-throwing shoulder, Heyward has made an appearance as a defensive replacement each of the last three games. He said he feels he’ll be ready to pinch-hit Monday if necessary.
Struggling with the injury, Heyward was 2-for-28 with no RBI and 13 strikeouts this month before exiting the lineup.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)