May 15, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Since the soreness is in his non-throwing shoulder, Heyward has made an appearance as a defensive replacement each of the last three games. He said he feels he’ll be ready to pinch-hit Monday if necessary.
Struggling with the injury, Heyward was 2-for-28 with no RBI and 13 strikeouts this month before exiting the lineup.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)