May 15, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
It’s case closed for the Jorge Posada drama, as the Yankees said Sunday that there would be no discipline for the five-time All-Star after he asked out of Saturday’s lineup for the game against the Red Sox.
Posada had face-to-face conversations with both GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Girardi on Sunday, apologizing to each.
“All the frustration came out,” Posada said. “It was just one of those days you wish you could take back.”
Posada didn’t start Sunday because of his struggles against lefties and Jon Lester in particular. He was available off the bench, though. He figures to be held out of the lineup again Monday versus the Rays’ David Price, a pitcher who has held him to one hit in 18 career at-bats.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)