May 15, 2011, 10:17 PM EST
It’s case closed for the Jorge Posada drama, as the Yankees said Sunday that there would be no discipline for the five-time All-Star after he asked out of Saturday’s lineup for the game against the Red Sox.
Posada had face-to-face conversations with both GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Girardi on Sunday, apologizing to each.
“All the frustration came out,” Posada said. “It was just one of those days you wish you could take back.”
Posada didn’t start Sunday because of his struggles against lefties and Jon Lester in particular. He was available off the bench, though. He figures to be held out of the lineup again Monday versus the Rays’ David Price, a pitcher who has held him to one hit in 18 career at-bats.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)