May 15, 2011, 10:17 PM EST
It’s case closed for the Jorge Posada drama, as the Yankees said Sunday that there would be no discipline for the five-time All-Star after he asked out of Saturday’s lineup for the game against the Red Sox.
Posada had face-to-face conversations with both GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Girardi on Sunday, apologizing to each.
“All the frustration came out,” Posada said. “It was just one of those days you wish you could take back.”
Posada didn’t start Sunday because of his struggles against lefties and Jon Lester in particular. He was available off the bench, though. He figures to be held out of the lineup again Monday versus the Rays’ David Price, a pitcher who has held him to one hit in 18 career at-bats.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)