May 15, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
It’s case closed for the Jorge Posada drama, as the Yankees said Sunday that there would be no discipline for the five-time All-Star after he asked out of Saturday’s lineup for the game against the Red Sox.
Posada had face-to-face conversations with both GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Girardi on Sunday, apologizing to each.
“All the frustration came out,” Posada said. “It was just one of those days you wish you could take back.”
Posada didn’t start Sunday because of his struggles against lefties and Jon Lester in particular. He was available off the bench, though. He figures to be held out of the lineup again Monday versus the Rays’ David Price, a pitcher who has held him to one hit in 18 career at-bats.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)