May 16, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Braves’ uberprospect Julio Tehrean made his major league debut against the Phillies a week ago Saturday. It wasn’t the most impressive thing in the world — he allowed three runs in 4 2/3 innings and was working behind guys the whole time — but you got at least a glimpse of his promise based on a live fastball and a pretty darn impressive changeup.
There’s no sense yet if this stint in the bigs will last longer for Teheran — part of that depends on Beachy’s oblique, part of it depends on Teheran’s effectiveness — but the Dbacks’ aren’t scoring a lot of runs right now so it may not be the worst draw for the kid.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)