May 16, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Braves’ uberprospect Julio Tehrean made his major league debut against the Phillies a week ago Saturday. It wasn’t the most impressive thing in the world — he allowed three runs in 4 2/3 innings and was working behind guys the whole time — but you got at least a glimpse of his promise based on a live fastball and a pretty darn impressive changeup.
There’s no sense yet if this stint in the bigs will last longer for Teheran — part of that depends on Beachy’s oblique, part of it depends on Teheran’s effectiveness — but the Dbacks’ aren’t scoring a lot of runs right now so it may not be the worst draw for the kid.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)