May 16, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Braves’ uberprospect Julio Tehrean made his major league debut against the Phillies a week ago Saturday. It wasn’t the most impressive thing in the world — he allowed three runs in 4 2/3 innings and was working behind guys the whole time — but you got at least a glimpse of his promise based on a live fastball and a pretty darn impressive changeup.
There’s no sense yet if this stint in the bigs will last longer for Teheran — part of that depends on Beachy’s oblique, part of it depends on Teheran’s effectiveness — but the Dbacks’ aren’t scoring a lot of runs right now so it may not be the worst draw for the kid.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)