May 16, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Amy K. Nelson reports that Mets’ third baseman David Wright had MRI on his back and the tentative diagnosis is that he stress fracture in his lower back. Nelson spoke with Sandy Alderson who says that Wright is getting a second opinion.
Wright has missed some time with back issues in the past week, but it hadn’t been suggested that he had anything other than mere soreness and general wear and tear. Not that a stress fracture is as serious as it sounds. Alderson is saying that, pending the second opinion, the most likely treatment would be rest for 10 days then back to baseball activity.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (121)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)