May 16, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Amy K. Nelson reports that Mets’ third baseman David Wright had MRI on his back and the tentative diagnosis is that he stress fracture in his lower back. Nelson spoke with Sandy Alderson who says that Wright is getting a second opinion.
Wright has missed some time with back issues in the past week, but it hadn’t been suggested that he had anything other than mere soreness and general wear and tear. Not that a stress fracture is as serious as it sounds. Alderson is saying that, pending the second opinion, the most likely treatment would be rest for 10 days then back to baseball activity.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)