May 16, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Amy K. Nelson reports that Mets’ third baseman David Wright had MRI on his back and the tentative diagnosis is that he stress fracture in his lower back. Nelson spoke with Sandy Alderson who says that Wright is getting a second opinion.
Wright has missed some time with back issues in the past week, but it hadn’t been suggested that he had anything other than mere soreness and general wear and tear. Not that a stress fracture is as serious as it sounds. Alderson is saying that, pending the second opinion, the most likely treatment would be rest for 10 days then back to baseball activity.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)