May 16, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Amy K. Nelson reports that Mets’ third baseman David Wright had MRI on his back and the tentative diagnosis is that he stress fracture in his lower back. Nelson spoke with Sandy Alderson who says that Wright is getting a second opinion.
Wright has missed some time with back issues in the past week, but it hadn’t been suggested that he had anything other than mere soreness and general wear and tear. Not that a stress fracture is as serious as it sounds. Alderson is saying that, pending the second opinion, the most likely treatment would be rest for 10 days then back to baseball activity.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 72
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)