May 16, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Amy K. Nelson reports that Mets’ third baseman David Wright had MRI on his back and the tentative diagnosis is that he stress fracture in his lower back. Nelson spoke with Sandy Alderson who says that Wright is getting a second opinion.
Wright has missed some time with back issues in the past week, but it hadn’t been suggested that he had anything other than mere soreness and general wear and tear. Not that a stress fracture is as serious as it sounds. Alderson is saying that, pending the second opinion, the most likely treatment would be rest for 10 days then back to baseball activity.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)