May 16, 2011, 12:44 PM EST
After missing most of last season and the first two weeks of this year following left knee surgery Grady Sizemore came off the disabled list on April 17 with a hot bat, hitting hit .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games.
Unfortunately his comeback was been halted by a bruised right knee suffered while sliding into second base Tuesday and the Indians have placed him back on the DL.
Travis Buck was called up from Triple-A to replace Sizemore on the roster, with Michael Brantley shifting from left field to center field in his absence.
All indications are that the Indians believe this injury is relatively minor and the good news is that Sizemore’s surgically repaired knee hasn’t been an issue. Cleveland has the best record in baseball 24-13, leading the AL Central by 3.5 games over Detroit, and went 11-7 with Sizemore in the lineup.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)