May 16, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
After missing most of last season and the first two weeks of this year following left knee surgery Grady Sizemore came off the disabled list on April 17 with a hot bat, hitting hit .282 with six homers and a .974 OPS in 18 games.
Unfortunately his comeback was been halted by a bruised right knee suffered while sliding into second base Tuesday and the Indians have placed him back on the DL.
Travis Buck was called up from Triple-A to replace Sizemore on the roster, with Michael Brantley shifting from left field to center field in his absence.
All indications are that the Indians believe this injury is relatively minor and the good news is that Sizemore’s surgically repaired knee hasn’t been an issue. Cleveland has the best record in baseball 24-13, leading the AL Central by 3.5 games over Detroit, and went 11-7 with Sizemore in the lineup.
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 0
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 19
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M