May 16, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
What you missed while contemplating what might have happened to you had you quit on your employer in a fit of pique just before a big meeting or something:
- All of your Jorge Posada drama here, here, here, here and here.
- What 30-somethings think of Harmon Killebrew.
- Just because you are ignorant of Bartolo Colon‘s fairly innocuous medical procedure doesn’t mean he has to sit and explain it to you.
- At this rate I wouldn’t be shocked to see Oddibe McDowell get some reps out in the Rangers’ outfield. Although that may not be necessary.
- Domonic Brown will not be coming to save Philly fans from the horror of Raul Ibanez quite yet.
- The Rockies tell Ian Stewart that despite the ominous “he’s gonna be gone” talk, no, they aren’t going to trade him. In other news, the Rockies are trying to convince Stewart that “Soylent Green” is the Rockies’ new affiliate in the Carolina league.
- The Red Sox’ and Yankees’ minor leaguers seem way more intense than their major league counterparts seemed this weekend.
- Carlos Beltran was scratched because of his eye. And was probably told not to scratch his eye.
- You’re better at your job than Brandon League is at his, but you don’t have his job security. Same goes for Juan Pierre.
- Pete Rose wants to manage again. Good for him. I want my hair back and the ability to slam dunk.
- How Adrian Gonzalez feelin’? Hot, hot hot!
- Drew was on a podcast and it was good.
- Jose Bautista is just redonkulous right now.
- Tony La Russa is feeling better.
- So, if the Marlins trot anyone other than Javier Vazquez in his slot in the rotation, they’re in first place right now, right?
And into the week we go.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)