May 16, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
What you missed while contemplating what might have happened to you had you quit on your employer in a fit of pique just before a big meeting or something:
- All of your Jorge Posada drama here, here, here, here and here.
- What 30-somethings think of Harmon Killebrew.
- Just because you are ignorant of Bartolo Colon‘s fairly innocuous medical procedure doesn’t mean he has to sit and explain it to you.
- At this rate I wouldn’t be shocked to see Oddibe McDowell get some reps out in the Rangers’ outfield. Although that may not be necessary.
- Domonic Brown will not be coming to save Philly fans from the horror of Raul Ibanez quite yet.
- The Rockies tell Ian Stewart that despite the ominous “he’s gonna be gone” talk, no, they aren’t going to trade him. In other news, the Rockies are trying to convince Stewart that “Soylent Green” is the Rockies’ new affiliate in the Carolina league.
- The Red Sox’ and Yankees’ minor leaguers seem way more intense than their major league counterparts seemed this weekend.
- Carlos Beltran was scratched because of his eye. And was probably told not to scratch his eye.
- You’re better at your job than Brandon League is at his, but you don’t have his job security. Same goes for Juan Pierre.
- Pete Rose wants to manage again. Good for him. I want my hair back and the ability to slam dunk.
- How Adrian Gonzalez feelin’? Hot, hot hot!
- Drew was on a podcast and it was good.
- Jose Bautista is just redonkulous right now.
- Tony La Russa is feeling better.
- So, if the Marlins trot anyone other than Javier Vazquez in his slot in the rotation, they’re in first place right now, right?
And into the week we go.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)