May 16, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
What you missed while contemplating what might have happened to you had you quit on your employer in a fit of pique just before a big meeting or something:
- All of your Jorge Posada drama here, here, here, here and here.
- What 30-somethings think of Harmon Killebrew.
- Just because you are ignorant of Bartolo Colon‘s fairly innocuous medical procedure doesn’t mean he has to sit and explain it to you.
- At this rate I wouldn’t be shocked to see Oddibe McDowell get some reps out in the Rangers’ outfield. Although that may not be necessary.
- Domonic Brown will not be coming to save Philly fans from the horror of Raul Ibanez quite yet.
- The Rockies tell Ian Stewart that despite the ominous “he’s gonna be gone” talk, no, they aren’t going to trade him. In other news, the Rockies are trying to convince Stewart that “Soylent Green” is the Rockies’ new affiliate in the Carolina league.
- The Red Sox’ and Yankees’ minor leaguers seem way more intense than their major league counterparts seemed this weekend.
- Carlos Beltran was scratched because of his eye. And was probably told not to scratch his eye.
- You’re better at your job than Brandon League is at his, but you don’t have his job security. Same goes for Juan Pierre.
- Pete Rose wants to manage again. Good for him. I want my hair back and the ability to slam dunk.
- How Adrian Gonzalez feelin’? Hot, hot hot!
- Drew was on a podcast and it was good.
- Jose Bautista is just redonkulous right now.
- Tony La Russa is feeling better.
- So, if the Marlins trot anyone other than Javier Vazquez in his slot in the rotation, they’re in first place right now, right?
And into the week we go.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)