May 16, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
What you missed while contemplating what might have happened to you had you quit on your employer in a fit of pique just before a big meeting or something:
- All of your Jorge Posada drama here, here, here, here and here.
- What 30-somethings think of Harmon Killebrew.
- Just because you are ignorant of Bartolo Colon‘s fairly innocuous medical procedure doesn’t mean he has to sit and explain it to you.
- At this rate I wouldn’t be shocked to see Oddibe McDowell get some reps out in the Rangers’ outfield. Although that may not be necessary.
- Domonic Brown will not be coming to save Philly fans from the horror of Raul Ibanez quite yet.
- The Rockies tell Ian Stewart that despite the ominous “he’s gonna be gone” talk, no, they aren’t going to trade him. In other news, the Rockies are trying to convince Stewart that “Soylent Green” is the Rockies’ new affiliate in the Carolina league.
- The Red Sox’ and Yankees’ minor leaguers seem way more intense than their major league counterparts seemed this weekend.
- Carlos Beltran was scratched because of his eye. And was probably told not to scratch his eye.
- You’re better at your job than Brandon League is at his, but you don’t have his job security. Same goes for Juan Pierre.
- Pete Rose wants to manage again. Good for him. I want my hair back and the ability to slam dunk.
- How Adrian Gonzalez feelin’? Hot, hot hot!
- Drew was on a podcast and it was good.
- Jose Bautista is just redonkulous right now.
- Tony La Russa is feeling better.
- So, if the Marlins trot anyone other than Javier Vazquez in his slot in the rotation, they’re in first place right now, right?
And into the week we go.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)