May 16, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz caught Roy Oswalt‘s rehab start Thursday at Single-A and said his fastball “had no life,” but the Phillies have activated Oswalt from the disabled list anyway and he’ll face the Cardinals tomorrow.
Oswalt hasn’t pitched for the Phillies since struggling against the Diamondbacks on April 26, taking a leave of absence from the team to be with his family following tornadoes in Mississippi and then going on the DL with back problems.
His return bumps Vance Worley back to Triple-A, where he’ll no doubt stay stretched out in case he’s needed as a rotation fill-in again soon. That also means Kyle Kendrick would likely get the nod if Oswalt is a late scratch tomorrow.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)