May 16, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz caught Roy Oswalt‘s rehab start Thursday at Single-A and said his fastball “had no life,” but the Phillies have activated Oswalt from the disabled list anyway and he’ll face the Cardinals tomorrow.
Oswalt hasn’t pitched for the Phillies since struggling against the Diamondbacks on April 26, taking a leave of absence from the team to be with his family following tornadoes in Mississippi and then going on the DL with back problems.
His return bumps Vance Worley back to Triple-A, where he’ll no doubt stay stretched out in case he’s needed as a rotation fill-in again soon. That also means Kyle Kendrick would likely get the nod if Oswalt is a late scratch tomorrow.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)