May 16, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz caught Roy Oswalt‘s rehab start Thursday at Single-A and said his fastball “had no life,” but the Phillies have activated Oswalt from the disabled list anyway and he’ll face the Cardinals tomorrow.
Oswalt hasn’t pitched for the Phillies since struggling against the Diamondbacks on April 26, taking a leave of absence from the team to be with his family following tornadoes in Mississippi and then going on the DL with back problems.
His return bumps Vance Worley back to Triple-A, where he’ll no doubt stay stretched out in case he’s needed as a rotation fill-in again soon. That also means Kyle Kendrick would likely get the nod if Oswalt is a late scratch tomorrow.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)