May 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
All last week, as the reports of Jim Crane’s imminent purchase of the Houston Astros came in, current owner Drayton McLane kept saying that the lawyers had to dot I’s and cross T’s, and that there were “a lot of details for the lawyers to work on.” Seems that McLane made his lawyers work over the weekend, because there will be a press conference this afternoon officially announcing the sale of the team to Crane.
As we speak, Crane is likely watching video of the McCourts’ introductory press conference after bought the Dodgers to make sure that he says absolutely nothing like they did whatsoever.
For Astros fans, here’s an interesting look at some of the other faces and wallets in the Astros’ new ownership group. And, more interesting than that: 10 things you don’t know about Jim Crane. Both of those links come courtesy of Richard Justice, who is mad-Tweetin’ this afternoon.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)