The ugliest ballcaps you’ll see today

May 16, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

ugly red sox cap

I’m not some stiff-necked purist. Sure, I’d prefer that people wear actual game-replica caps or throwback caps that were once actually worn in pitched battle on the diamond, but if you want to wear a black Dodgers cap or even a Red Yankees cap or something I’m not going to go crazy, even if I do silently judge you.

I will, however, do you some amount of violence if I ever catch you in one of these, OK?  We’re not animals after all.  We must have some standards of civility.  Apart from the me doing you some amount of violence part, that is.

1. phukyouk - May 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I too agree that it is the ugliest cap in all of baseball.. whats with that stupid look “B” anyway?

• phukyouk - May 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM

GDDAMIT

*looking

• marshmallowsnake - May 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM

LOL! I love spelling errors when someone is trying to poke fun…they are awesome…and happen to me all the time :(

2. Jonny 5 - May 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Where are the ear holes for Bugs bunny? That is what the “B” is for right?

3. oikosjeremy - May 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM

CANNOT UNSEE!!!

4. kopy - May 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM

The “B” looks like it’s orange, and not even red. Oh well, I’m sure people will still buy a ton of these, just like those stupid green irish hats. Because, you know, baseball is Irish, or something. Apparently this had has been around for a while, though, because it’s already faded and tearing at the bill.

• kopy - May 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM

*hat has been. I hate typo-ing here

• phukyouk - May 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Craig – how much does an edit button cost? if its less than $20 i think i can front the cash…..

• heyblueyoustink - May 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Wow, i’ve never seen a blog so concerned with propper grammar and pselling. Everyone gets a thumbs up!

• phukyouk - May 16, 2011 at 11:32 AM

bad speller of the world UNTIE!

• marshmallowsnake - May 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM

It is not as much bad spelling as it is too quick typing…well, that is usually my reason. Most the words we spell incorrectly are easy words to spell…typing…all the way!

5. Jonny 5 - May 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Every single team could fill a “20 ugliest hats in baseball” by themselves. All you need to do is go to New Era, type in the name of the team and browse. I found at least 20 hats for the Phillies alone that are sooooo Gawdy, Huggie bear would laugh you out of town for wearing them.

6. decimusprime - May 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Lets look on the bright side, you can now root for your team while golfing… ive seen the pants to match.

• cur68 - May 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I golf a lot. I’d wear that hat. I’ll keep my 2 iron handy in case I see Calacaterra stooping upon me, though. FORE!

• Jonny 5 - May 16, 2011 at 11:54 AM

What is Golf a 2 week season in Canada or what? Indoor?

• cur68 - May 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

3 to 4 months. Started ~ 2 weeks ago. If you now any dotcom billionaires we could use an indoor course on some of this tundra we have here. It would never close (midnight golf!) or lose money.

• cur68 - May 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM

sigh. ‘now’ was supposed to be ‘know’. Spelling police fail.

• Jonny 5 - May 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I new what you meant. ;)

7. jimbo1949 - May 16, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Too much mingling of the Orange and the Green for a Beantown chapeau

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (4960)