May 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News tweeted a few minutes ago that the Yankees have spoken with Derek Jeter — Buster Olney says it was a conference call — and that, whatever anger was felt by the Yankees front office as a result of Jeter’s comments, things are cool now and everyone can presumably go on with their lives.
It’s unclear whether everything being fine means (a) the Yankees’ have calmed down and gotten some perspective; (b) the Yankees haven’t really calmed down but realized that they needed to nip this all in the bud; or (c) their alleged anger at his comments was overblown in the first place. It’s also unclear whether that matters. This is New York, after all.
For what it’s worth, I think this tweet by Yankeechick78 raises a good point:
We certainly have a varying scale of whatever the outrage du jour happens to be, don’t we?
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)