May 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News tweeted a few minutes ago that the Yankees have spoken with Derek Jeter — Buster Olney says it was a conference call — and that, whatever anger was felt by the Yankees front office as a result of Jeter’s comments, things are cool now and everyone can presumably go on with their lives.
It’s unclear whether everything being fine means (a) the Yankees’ have calmed down and gotten some perspective; (b) the Yankees haven’t really calmed down but realized that they needed to nip this all in the bud; or (c) their alleged anger at his comments was overblown in the first place. It’s also unclear whether that matters. This is New York, after all.
For what it’s worth, I think this tweet by Yankeechick78 raises a good point:
We certainly have a varying scale of whatever the outrage du jour happens to be, don’t we?
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)