May 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News tweeted a few minutes ago that the Yankees have spoken with Derek Jeter — Buster Olney says it was a conference call — and that, whatever anger was felt by the Yankees front office as a result of Jeter’s comments, things are cool now and everyone can presumably go on with their lives.
It’s unclear whether everything being fine means (a) the Yankees’ have calmed down and gotten some perspective; (b) the Yankees haven’t really calmed down but realized that they needed to nip this all in the bud; or (c) their alleged anger at his comments was overblown in the first place. It’s also unclear whether that matters. This is New York, after all.
For what it’s worth, I think this tweet by Yankeechick78 raises a good point:
We certainly have a varying scale of whatever the outrage du jour happens to be, don’t we?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)