May 16, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News tweeted a few minutes ago that the Yankees have spoken with Derek Jeter — Buster Olney says it was a conference call — and that, whatever anger was felt by the Yankees front office as a result of Jeter’s comments, things are cool now and everyone can presumably go on with their lives.
It’s unclear whether everything being fine means (a) the Yankees’ have calmed down and gotten some perspective; (b) the Yankees haven’t really calmed down but realized that they needed to nip this all in the bud; or (c) their alleged anger at his comments was overblown in the first place. It’s also unclear whether that matters. This is New York, after all.
For what it’s worth, I think this tweet by Yankeechick78 raises a good point:
We certainly have a varying scale of whatever the outrage du jour happens to be, don’t we?
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (94)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)