May 16, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
This is from Friday — found via Baseball Think Factory — but apparently Ron Santo’s FBI file has been released. FBI file? For Santo? Yep: he had some death threats in the early 70s. USA Today has the details of the threat letters and the investigation.
All I can do is sit here and wonder what in the heck someone as unassuming as Ron Santo could do to inspire death threats. Even the deranged, one thinks, would be attracted to a different, more provocative target. Joe Pepitone played on those teams, for example. I can totally see Joe Pepitone getting under someone’s skin. But Santo?
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)