May 16, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
This is from Friday — found via Baseball Think Factory — but apparently Ron Santo’s FBI file has been released. FBI file? For Santo? Yep: he had some death threats in the early 70s. USA Today has the details of the threat letters and the investigation.
All I can do is sit here and wonder what in the heck someone as unassuming as Ron Santo could do to inspire death threats. Even the deranged, one thinks, would be attracted to a different, more provocative target. Joe Pepitone played on those teams, for example. I can totally see Joe Pepitone getting under someone’s skin. But Santo?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)