May 17, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
There has been word buzzing around about this already, but Major League Baseball just officially announced the coaching staffs for the All-Star Game.
Ron Washington has picked Indians manager Manny Acta and Blue Jays manager John Farrell to serve as the American League coaches. Bochy picked the Diamondbacks’ Kirk Gibson and the Nats’ Jim Riggleman as coaches for the National League. This will likely be the last you hear of the All-Star Game coaches until the announcement for next year’s staff. Because really, I can’t recall the last time an All-Star coach made a bit of difference in any of these games.
Although I could maybe see Gibson getting ejected. Which would be cool.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)