May 17, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
There has been word buzzing around about this already, but Major League Baseball just officially announced the coaching staffs for the All-Star Game.
Ron Washington has picked Indians manager Manny Acta and Blue Jays manager John Farrell to serve as the American League coaches. Bochy picked the Diamondbacks’ Kirk Gibson and the Nats’ Jim Riggleman as coaches for the National League. This will likely be the last you hear of the All-Star Game coaches until the announcement for next year’s staff. Because really, I can’t recall the last time an All-Star coach made a bit of difference in any of these games.
Although I could maybe see Gibson getting ejected. Which would be cool.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)