May 17, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
There has been word buzzing around about this already, but Major League Baseball just officially announced the coaching staffs for the All-Star Game.
Ron Washington has picked Indians manager Manny Acta and Blue Jays manager John Farrell to serve as the American League coaches. Bochy picked the Diamondbacks’ Kirk Gibson and the Nats’ Jim Riggleman as coaches for the National League. This will likely be the last you hear of the All-Star Game coaches until the announcement for next year’s staff. Because really, I can’t recall the last time an All-Star coach made a bit of difference in any of these games.
Although I could maybe see Gibson getting ejected. Which would be cool.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)