May 17, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
There has been word buzzing around about this already, but Major League Baseball just officially announced the coaching staffs for the All-Star Game.
Ron Washington has picked Indians manager Manny Acta and Blue Jays manager John Farrell to serve as the American League coaches. Bochy picked the Diamondbacks’ Kirk Gibson and the Nats’ Jim Riggleman as coaches for the National League. This will likely be the last you hear of the All-Star Game coaches until the announcement for next year’s staff. Because really, I can’t recall the last time an All-Star coach made a bit of difference in any of these games.
Although I could maybe see Gibson getting ejected. Which would be cool.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (175)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)