May 17, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
There has been word buzzing around about this already, but Major League Baseball just officially announced the coaching staffs for the All-Star Game.
Ron Washington has picked Indians manager Manny Acta and Blue Jays manager John Farrell to serve as the American League coaches. Bochy picked the Diamondbacks’ Kirk Gibson and the Nats’ Jim Riggleman as coaches for the National League. This will likely be the last you hear of the All-Star Game coaches until the announcement for next year’s staff. Because really, I can’t recall the last time an All-Star coach made a bit of difference in any of these games.
Although I could maybe see Gibson getting ejected. Which would be cool.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 17
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 39
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 103
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (103)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)