May 17, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Corey Hart will bat second for just the second time this season tonight against the Dodgers, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
Hart is batting just .236/.263/.327 with five doubles and one RBI over his first 57 plate appearances since returning from an oblique injury on April 26, but has eight hits in his last 25 at-bats (.320) and has hit safely in each of his last six games.
Brewers’ No. 2 hitters have combined to bat just .220/.274/.317 so far this season, so Hart has the potential to provide a huge boost offensively if he’s right. The 29-year-old outfielder was the primary No. 2 hitter for the Brewers last season and finished with a career-best 31 homers and 102 RBI. He has primarily batted sixth and seventh since returning from the DL.
Carlos Gomez, who has batted second in 30 games this season, was dropped to the No. 8 spot for tonight’s game.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)