May 17, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m not sure if all the drama was worth it for Jorge Posada, but at the very least he got his wish.
Posada is back in the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays and he’s hitting seventh, rather than the ninth spot that bothered him so much over the weekend.
He’s started as the Yankees’ seventh-place hitter in 330 previous games, including 26 times this season, so presumably everything should be fine with Posada. Well, fine aside from the Yankees now having a No. 7 hitter with a .165 batting average and .626 OPS.
Brett Gardner is hitting eighth, with recent call-up Chris Dickerson batting ninth.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)