May 17, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m not sure if all the drama was worth it for Jorge Posada, but at the very least he got his wish.
Posada is back in the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays and he’s hitting seventh, rather than the ninth spot that bothered him so much over the weekend.
He’s started as the Yankees’ seventh-place hitter in 330 previous games, including 26 times this season, so presumably everything should be fine with Posada. Well, fine aside from the Yankees now having a No. 7 hitter with a .165 batting average and .626 OPS.
Brett Gardner is hitting eighth, with recent call-up Chris Dickerson batting ninth.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot