May 17, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m not sure if all the drama was worth it for Jorge Posada, but at the very least he got his wish.
Posada is back in the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays and he’s hitting seventh, rather than the ninth spot that bothered him so much over the weekend.
He’s started as the Yankees’ seventh-place hitter in 330 previous games, including 26 times this season, so presumably everything should be fine with Posada. Well, fine aside from the Yankees now having a No. 7 hitter with a .165 batting average and .626 OPS.
Brett Gardner is hitting eighth, with recent call-up Chris Dickerson batting ninth.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 167
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 134
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (137)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)