May 17, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m not sure if all the drama was worth it for Jorge Posada, but at the very least he got his wish.
Posada is back in the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays and he’s hitting seventh, rather than the ninth spot that bothered him so much over the weekend.
He’s started as the Yankees’ seventh-place hitter in 330 previous games, including 26 times this season, so presumably everything should be fine with Posada. Well, fine aside from the Yankees now having a No. 7 hitter with a .165 batting average and .626 OPS.
Brett Gardner is hitting eighth, with recent call-up Chris Dickerson batting ninth.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)