May 17, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
I’m not sure if all the drama was worth it for Jorge Posada, but at the very least he got his wish.
Posada is back in the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays and he’s hitting seventh, rather than the ninth spot that bothered him so much over the weekend.
He’s started as the Yankees’ seventh-place hitter in 330 previous games, including 26 times this season, so presumably everything should be fine with Posada. Well, fine aside from the Yankees now having a No. 7 hitter with a .165 batting average and .626 OPS.
Brett Gardner is hitting eighth, with recent call-up Chris Dickerson batting ninth.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)