May 17, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
Remember how I mentioned over the weekend that the Rangers’ entire Opening Day outfield was on the disabled list? Well, it sounds like they’re making some progress on the health front.
Hamilton took early batting practice today in Chicago before returning to Texas to be reevaluated by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. If cleared for action, he will play two games with Double-A Frisco before joining Triple-A Round Rock for three games this weekend.
Hamilton has been sidelined since fracturing a bone in his upper right arm on a slide into home plate on April 12. He was batting .333/.409/.462 with an .871 OPS over his first 44 at-bats prior to the injury.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)