May 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
19-year-old Cam Bedrosian, who was drafted 29th overall by the Angels last summer, underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this month, the team announced today.
The son of former major league reliever Steve Bedrosian figures to remain sidelined into the 2012 season.
Bedrosian hadn’t pitched this season. He had a 4.50 ERA in 12 innings in Rookie ball after signing last year. The Angels planned to develop him as a starter, but some thought he might follow in his dad’s footsteps and become a major league closer.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 24
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 51
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)