May 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
19-year-old Cam Bedrosian, who was drafted 29th overall by the Angels last summer, underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this month, the team announced today.
The son of former major league reliever Steve Bedrosian figures to remain sidelined into the 2012 season.
Bedrosian hadn’t pitched this season. He had a 4.50 ERA in 12 innings in Rookie ball after signing last year. The Angels planned to develop him as a starter, but some thought he might follow in his dad’s footsteps and become a major league closer.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)