May 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
19-year-old Cam Bedrosian, who was drafted 29th overall by the Angels last summer, underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this month, the team announced today.
The son of former major league reliever Steve Bedrosian figures to remain sidelined into the 2012 season.
Bedrosian hadn’t pitched this season. He had a 4.50 ERA in 12 innings in Rookie ball after signing last year. The Angels planned to develop him as a starter, but some thought he might follow in his dad’s footsteps and become a major league closer.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 322
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (320)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)