May 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
19-year-old Cam Bedrosian, who was drafted 29th overall by the Angels last summer, underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this month, the team announced today.
The son of former major league reliever Steve Bedrosian figures to remain sidelined into the 2012 season.
Bedrosian hadn’t pitched this season. He had a 4.50 ERA in 12 innings in Rookie ball after signing last year. The Angels planned to develop him as a starter, but some thought he might follow in his dad’s footsteps and become a major league closer.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)