May 18, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
On the A’s, even the general managers need shoulder surgeries.
CSN Bay Area’s Mychael Urban reports that Billy Beane underwent partial shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I won’t claim to know a whole lot about the procedure, but it sounds like a partial shoulder replacement consists of replacing the “ball” of the shoulder join with a prosthetic in order to relieve severe arthritis.
According to Urban, assistant GM David Forst is currently running the show in Oakland, though we’re guessing he won’t pull the trigger on any deals without running it by Billy first.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)