May 18, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
On the A’s, even the general managers need shoulder surgeries.
CSN Bay Area’s Mychael Urban reports that Billy Beane underwent partial shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I won’t claim to know a whole lot about the procedure, but it sounds like a partial shoulder replacement consists of replacing the “ball” of the shoulder join with a prosthetic in order to relieve severe arthritis.
According to Urban, assistant GM David Forst is currently running the show in Oakland, though we’re guessing he won’t pull the trigger on any deals without running it by Billy first.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15