May 18, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
On the A’s, even the general managers need shoulder surgeries.
CSN Bay Area’s Mychael Urban reports that Billy Beane underwent partial shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I won’t claim to know a whole lot about the procedure, but it sounds like a partial shoulder replacement consists of replacing the “ball” of the shoulder join with a prosthetic in order to relieve severe arthritis.
According to Urban, assistant GM David Forst is currently running the show in Oakland, though we’re guessing he won’t pull the trigger on any deals without running it by Billy first.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)