May 18, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
On the A’s, even the general managers need shoulder surgeries.
CSN Bay Area’s Mychael Urban reports that Billy Beane underwent partial shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I won’t claim to know a whole lot about the procedure, but it sounds like a partial shoulder replacement consists of replacing the “ball” of the shoulder join with a prosthetic in order to relieve severe arthritis.
According to Urban, assistant GM David Forst is currently running the show in Oakland, though we’re guessing he won’t pull the trigger on any deals without running it by Billy first.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)