May 18, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
On the A’s, even the general managers need shoulder surgeries.
CSN Bay Area’s Mychael Urban reports that Billy Beane underwent partial shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday.
I won’t claim to know a whole lot about the procedure, but it sounds like a partial shoulder replacement consists of replacing the “ball” of the shoulder join with a prosthetic in order to relieve severe arthritis.
According to Urban, assistant GM David Forst is currently running the show in Oakland, though we’re guessing he won’t pull the trigger on any deals without running it by Billy first.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)