May 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
In the event you think that Indians catcher Carlos Santana is all bat, feast your eyes on what he does to napping runners hanging out down in no-man’s land at second base.
There is just something, I dunno, dominating about a catcher throwing out a base runner like that. Not on steals — that’s a normal reaction play we see often — but when they seem to say “Uh-uh, you do NOT wander off the bag that far when I’m back here!”
(Thanks to Joe L. for the head’s up)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy