May 18, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
There has been a $100,000+ reward for information leading to the capture of the men who beat Bryan Stow outside of Dodger Stadium opening weekend. It has bore no fruit thus far, so the Dodgers have raised it by another $100,000.
It’s highly frustrating that no one has been arrested yet, but the fact of the matter is that rewards are not sure bets and, quite often, even large ones go unclaimed as either people’s information about any given crime is spotty at best and people who do know what went down are afraid to come forward because of possible retribution. Reward money often sits unclaimed for years, even when the amounts get big.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)