May 18, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
There has been a $100,000+ reward for information leading to the capture of the men who beat Bryan Stow outside of Dodger Stadium opening weekend. It has bore no fruit thus far, so the Dodgers have raised it by another $100,000.
It’s highly frustrating that no one has been arrested yet, but the fact of the matter is that rewards are not sure bets and, quite often, even large ones go unclaimed as either people’s information about any given crime is spotty at best and people who do know what went down are afraid to come forward because of possible retribution. Reward money often sits unclaimed for years, even when the amounts get big.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)