May 18, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
There has been a $100,000+ reward for information leading to the capture of the men who beat Bryan Stow outside of Dodger Stadium opening weekend. It has bore no fruit thus far, so the Dodgers have raised it by another $100,000.
It’s highly frustrating that no one has been arrested yet, but the fact of the matter is that rewards are not sure bets and, quite often, even large ones go unclaimed as either people’s information about any given crime is spotty at best and people who do know what went down are afraid to come forward because of possible retribution. Reward money often sits unclaimed for years, even when the amounts get big.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)