May 18, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
There has been a $100,000+ reward for information leading to the capture of the men who beat Bryan Stow outside of Dodger Stadium opening weekend. It has bore no fruit thus far, so the Dodgers have raised it by another $100,000.
It’s highly frustrating that no one has been arrested yet, but the fact of the matter is that rewards are not sure bets and, quite often, even large ones go unclaimed as either people’s information about any given crime is spotty at best and people who do know what went down are afraid to come forward because of possible retribution. Reward money often sits unclaimed for years, even when the amounts get big.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)