May 18, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
There has been a $100,000+ reward for information leading to the capture of the men who beat Bryan Stow outside of Dodger Stadium opening weekend. It has bore no fruit thus far, so the Dodgers have raised it by another $100,000.
It’s highly frustrating that no one has been arrested yet, but the fact of the matter is that rewards are not sure bets and, quite often, even large ones go unclaimed as either people’s information about any given crime is spotty at best and people who do know what went down are afraid to come forward because of possible retribution. Reward money often sits unclaimed for years, even when the amounts get big.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)