May 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has been cleared for game action after sitting out the past month with a fractured arm and will begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Double-A.
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that Hamilton will serve as a designated hitter tonight and tomorrow, at which point he’ll likely move up to Triple-A.
Nelson Cruz, who’s on the disabled list with a quadriceps injury, is also currently rehabbing at Double-A. Cruz is slated to rejoin the Rangers this weekend, while Hamilton likely won’t come off the DL until next week.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)