May 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has been cleared for game action after sitting out the past month with a fractured arm and will begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Double-A.
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that Hamilton will serve as a designated hitter tonight and tomorrow, at which point he’ll likely move up to Triple-A.
Nelson Cruz, who’s on the disabled list with a quadriceps injury, is also currently rehabbing at Double-A. Cruz is slated to rejoin the Rangers this weekend, while Hamilton likely won’t come off the DL until next week.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)