May 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has been cleared for game action after sitting out the past month with a fractured arm and will begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Double-A.
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that Hamilton will serve as a designated hitter tonight and tomorrow, at which point he’ll likely move up to Triple-A.
Nelson Cruz, who’s on the disabled list with a quadriceps injury, is also currently rehabbing at Double-A. Cruz is slated to rejoin the Rangers this weekend, while Hamilton likely won’t come off the DL until next week.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness