May 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has been cleared for game action after sitting out the past month with a fractured arm and will begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Double-A.
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that Hamilton will serve as a designated hitter tonight and tomorrow, at which point he’ll likely move up to Triple-A.
Nelson Cruz, who’s on the disabled list with a quadriceps injury, is also currently rehabbing at Double-A. Cruz is slated to rejoin the Rangers this weekend, while Hamilton likely won’t come off the DL until next week.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105