May 18, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has been cleared for game action after sitting out the past month with a fractured arm and will begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Double-A.
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that Hamilton will serve as a designated hitter tonight and tomorrow, at which point he’ll likely move up to Triple-A.
Nelson Cruz, who’s on the disabled list with a quadriceps injury, is also currently rehabbing at Double-A. Cruz is slated to rejoin the Rangers this weekend, while Hamilton likely won’t come off the DL until next week.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)