May 18, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
ESPN New York’s Andrew Marchand reports that the Yankees never weighed releasing Jorge Posada following Saturday’s insubordination.
Sourcing a baseball official with knowledge of the team’s thinking, there was “zero discussion” given to cutting Posada loose. The source says that Posada is going to have until the All-Star break to get his numbers before the Yankees weigh moving on.
Posada is out of the lineup against another left-hander Wednesday, making this four of five games on the bench. He’s 0-for-24 against left-handers this season.
The Yankees made the call to sit Posada tonight even though he went 2-for-3 with a double in Tuesday’s victory. They’ve lost the last three games in which he’s been out of the lineup.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)