May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Jorge Posada has played 28 games at first base in his career, starting 15 of those. He gets number 16 tonight, as Joe Girardi has put him in the lineup in place of Mark Teixeira, who will move over to DH for the evening. Posada is batting seventh in case you care about such things, but really, who cares about batting order?
Oh, yeah. Posada does. Man, I hope for Joe Girardi’s sake that he asked Posada if it was OK that he plays first tonight. I’d hate for things to get ugly again. I mean, all it does is give us all kinds of things to talk about, spikes the blog’s traffic to silly proportions and has the entire Yankees fan base either (a) freak out; or (b) get disgusted at the others in the fan base are freaking out.
So, no, none of that. At all.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming