May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Jorge Posada has played 28 games at first base in his career, starting 15 of those. He gets number 16 tonight, as Joe Girardi has put him in the lineup in place of Mark Teixeira, who will move over to DH for the evening. Posada is batting seventh in case you care about such things, but really, who cares about batting order?
Oh, yeah. Posada does. Man, I hope for Joe Girardi’s sake that he asked Posada if it was OK that he plays first tonight. I’d hate for things to get ugly again. I mean, all it does is give us all kinds of things to talk about, spikes the blog’s traffic to silly proportions and has the entire Yankees fan base either (a) freak out; or (b) get disgusted at the others in the fan base are freaking out.
So, no, none of that. At all.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 62
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)