May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Jorge Posada has played 28 games at first base in his career, starting 15 of those. He gets number 16 tonight, as Joe Girardi has put him in the lineup in place of Mark Teixeira, who will move over to DH for the evening. Posada is batting seventh in case you care about such things, but really, who cares about batting order?
Oh, yeah. Posada does. Man, I hope for Joe Girardi’s sake that he asked Posada if it was OK that he plays first tonight. I’d hate for things to get ugly again. I mean, all it does is give us all kinds of things to talk about, spikes the blog’s traffic to silly proportions and has the entire Yankees fan base either (a) freak out; or (b) get disgusted at the others in the fan base are freaking out.
So, no, none of that. At all.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17