May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Jorge Posada has played 28 games at first base in his career, starting 15 of those. He gets number 16 tonight, as Joe Girardi has put him in the lineup in place of Mark Teixeira, who will move over to DH for the evening. Posada is batting seventh in case you care about such things, but really, who cares about batting order?
Oh, yeah. Posada does. Man, I hope for Joe Girardi’s sake that he asked Posada if it was OK that he plays first tonight. I’d hate for things to get ugly again. I mean, all it does is give us all kinds of things to talk about, spikes the blog’s traffic to silly proportions and has the entire Yankees fan base either (a) freak out; or (b) get disgusted at the others in the fan base are freaking out.
So, no, none of that. At all.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)