May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Jorge Posada has played 28 games at first base in his career, starting 15 of those. He gets number 16 tonight, as Joe Girardi has put him in the lineup in place of Mark Teixeira, who will move over to DH for the evening. Posada is batting seventh in case you care about such things, but really, who cares about batting order?
Oh, yeah. Posada does. Man, I hope for Joe Girardi’s sake that he asked Posada if it was OK that he plays first tonight. I’d hate for things to get ugly again. I mean, all it does is give us all kinds of things to talk about, spikes the blog’s traffic to silly proportions and has the entire Yankees fan base either (a) freak out; or (b) get disgusted at the others in the fan base are freaking out.
So, no, none of that. At all.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)