May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
You may recall that some people broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s Washington home during spring training and that, among other things, the jerks stole his World Series ring. Well, the cops found it: it was hidden in a swamp, and they were led to it by someone who apparently (a) was not part of the robbery; but (b) knows things.
It’s always good to know people who know things.
I assume that the thieves hid it there so it would be safe as Kyle Kendrick’s star rises over the course of his major league career and then planned on fencing it when it hit peak value following his Hall of Fame induction. But alas, those plans are now thwarted.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 0
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)