May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
You may recall that some people broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s Washington home during spring training and that, among other things, the jerks stole his World Series ring. Well, the cops found it: it was hidden in a swamp, and they were led to it by someone who apparently (a) was not part of the robbery; but (b) knows things.
It’s always good to know people who know things.
I assume that the thieves hid it there so it would be safe as Kyle Kendrick’s star rises over the course of his major league career and then planned on fencing it when it hit peak value following his Hall of Fame induction. But alas, those plans are now thwarted.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (178)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)