May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
You may recall that some people broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s Washington home during spring training and that, among other things, the jerks stole his World Series ring. Well, the cops found it: it was hidden in a swamp, and they were led to it by someone who apparently (a) was not part of the robbery; but (b) knows things.
It’s always good to know people who know things.
I assume that the thieves hid it there so it would be safe as Kyle Kendrick’s star rises over the course of his major league career and then planned on fencing it when it hit peak value following his Hall of Fame induction. But alas, those plans are now thwarted.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 0
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 22
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)