May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
You may recall that some people broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s Washington home during spring training and that, among other things, the jerks stole his World Series ring. Well, the cops found it: it was hidden in a swamp, and they were led to it by someone who apparently (a) was not part of the robbery; but (b) knows things.
It’s always good to know people who know things.
I assume that the thieves hid it there so it would be safe as Kyle Kendrick’s star rises over the course of his major league career and then planned on fencing it when it hit peak value following his Hall of Fame induction. But alas, those plans are now thwarted.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 26
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)