May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
You may recall that some people broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s Washington home during spring training and that, among other things, the jerks stole his World Series ring. Well, the cops found it: it was hidden in a swamp, and they were led to it by someone who apparently (a) was not part of the robbery; but (b) knows things.
It’s always good to know people who know things.
I assume that the thieves hid it there so it would be safe as Kyle Kendrick’s star rises over the course of his major league career and then planned on fencing it when it hit peak value following his Hall of Fame induction. But alas, those plans are now thwarted.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)