May 19, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
The loss dropped him to .500 for his career at 169-169.
Hernandez has been on the wrong side of 1-0 games in back-to-back outings. Just like last Saturday against the Marlins, he allowed one run over seven innings in this one. The Nationals were also shut out in a May 8 start in which Hernandez gave up six runs.
In all, the Nats have been shut out in four of Hernandez’s 10 starts. They scored one or two runs in two of the others. When the Nationals have scored at least three runs, Hernandez is 3-0 with one no-decision. For the season, he’s 3-6 with a 3.64 ERA.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 3
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)