May 19, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
The loss dropped him to .500 for his career at 169-169.
Hernandez has been on the wrong side of 1-0 games in back-to-back outings. Just like last Saturday against the Marlins, he allowed one run over seven innings in this one. The Nationals were also shut out in a May 8 start in which Hernandez gave up six runs.
In all, the Nats have been shut out in four of Hernandez’s 10 starts. They scored one or two runs in two of the others. When the Nationals have scored at least three runs, Hernandez is 3-0 with one no-decision. For the season, he’s 3-6 with a 3.64 ERA.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)