May 19, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
The loss dropped him to .500 for his career at 169-169.
Hernandez has been on the wrong side of 1-0 games in back-to-back outings. Just like last Saturday against the Marlins, he allowed one run over seven innings in this one. The Nationals were also shut out in a May 8 start in which Hernandez gave up six runs.
In all, the Nats have been shut out in four of Hernandez’s 10 starts. They scored one or two runs in two of the others. When the Nationals have scored at least three runs, Hernandez is 3-0 with one no-decision. For the season, he’s 3-6 with a 3.64 ERA.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)