May 19, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
Morales has displayed significant control problems this season out of the Rockies’ bullpen and is currently the owner of a poor 11/8 K/BB ratio. But he has allowed just six runs in 14 innings for a 3.86 ERA and the Red Sox may be thinking that they can reel in his command issues. He has the ability to start as well, which is probably intriguing for a team missing Daisuke Matsuzaka and dealing with Josh Beckett‘s sudden neck stiffness.
The 25-year-old Morales has posted a 4.83 career ERA over four-plus major league seasons.
Abraham has no other details at this time and no other news outlet is providing information.
UPDATE: The trade is now official, according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal. The Red Sox will receive Morales for a player to be named later or future cash considerations. Hideki Okajima has been designated for assignment to clear a spot on Boston’s roster.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)