May 19, 2011, 10:47 PM EST
Morales has displayed significant control problems this season out of the Rockies’ bullpen and is currently the owner of a poor 11/8 K/BB ratio. But he has allowed just six runs in 14 innings for a 3.86 ERA and the Red Sox may be thinking that they can reel in his command issues. He has the ability to start as well, which is probably intriguing for a team missing Daisuke Matsuzaka and dealing with Josh Beckett‘s sudden neck stiffness.
The 25-year-old Morales has posted a 4.83 career ERA over four-plus major league seasons.
Abraham has no other details at this time and no other news outlet is providing information.
UPDATE: The trade is now official, according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal. The Red Sox will receive Morales for a player to be named later or future cash considerations. Hideki Okajima has been designated for assignment to clear a spot on Boston’s roster.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)