May 19, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Kevin Millwood has found a new home in the American League East.
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, Millwood and the Red Sox agreed to terms on a minor league contract late Thursday evening.
Millwood opted out of his minor league deal with the Yankees on May 1 after posting a 4.50 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 10/6 K/BB ratio over three minor league starts and failing to gain a promotion to the majors. Things probably won’t go much better for him in the Red Sox’ system, but he could be a last-resort option if injuries begin plaguing what’s left of the Boston starting rotation.
Millwood, 36, turned in a 5.10 ERA and 1.51 WHIP across 31 outings last season for the Orioles.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)