May 19, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
Dallas Braden had season-ending surgery and Tyson Ross was called on to replace him in the Athletics’ rotation. He got the start today against the Twins … annnnd Ross has left the game after throwing just seven pitches.
Buster Olney says it’s an oblique injury. And so the season of obliques continues apace.
Worth looking at what else the Athletics have in the pitching cupboard at the moment. Matthew handled that quite deftly in his Strike Zone column over at Rotoworld over the weekend. The upshot: Matthew would suggest that A’s fans and fantasy folks keep their eye on Bobby Cramer or Guillermo Moscoso, with Josh Outman as another possibility, though he has been struggling at Sacramento.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (258)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (95)