May 19, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Dallas Braden had season-ending surgery and Tyson Ross was called on to replace him in the Athletics’ rotation. He got the start today against the Twins … annnnd Ross has left the game after throwing just seven pitches.
Buster Olney says it’s an oblique injury. And so the season of obliques continues apace.
Worth looking at what else the Athletics have in the pitching cupboard at the moment. Matthew handled that quite deftly in his Strike Zone column over at Rotoworld over the weekend. The upshot: Matthew would suggest that A’s fans and fantasy folks keep their eye on Bobby Cramer or Guillermo Moscoso, with Josh Outman as another possibility, though he has been struggling at Sacramento.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (139)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)