May 19, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Dallas Braden had season-ending surgery and Tyson Ross was called on to replace him in the Athletics’ rotation. He got the start today against the Twins … annnnd Ross has left the game after throwing just seven pitches.
Buster Olney says it’s an oblique injury. And so the season of obliques continues apace.
Worth looking at what else the Athletics have in the pitching cupboard at the moment. Matthew handled that quite deftly in his Strike Zone column over at Rotoworld over the weekend. The upshot: Matthew would suggest that A’s fans and fantasy folks keep their eye on Bobby Cramer or Guillermo Moscoso, with Josh Outman as another possibility, though he has been struggling at Sacramento.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)