May 19, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Dallas Braden had season-ending surgery and Tyson Ross was called on to replace him in the Athletics’ rotation. He got the start today against the Twins … annnnd Ross has left the game after throwing just seven pitches.
Buster Olney says it’s an oblique injury. And so the season of obliques continues apace.
Worth looking at what else the Athletics have in the pitching cupboard at the moment. Matthew handled that quite deftly in his Strike Zone column over at Rotoworld over the weekend. The upshot: Matthew would suggest that A’s fans and fantasy folks keep their eye on Bobby Cramer or Guillermo Moscoso, with Josh Outman as another possibility, though he has been struggling at Sacramento.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)