May 20, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the young right-hander will visit Dr. Lewis Yocum on Monday in Los Angeles. The Cubs are confident that Cashner will not require surgery to repair his right rotator cuff strain, but they obviously aren’t going to take any chances with someone who is regarded as one of the most promising arms in the organization.
Cashner originally suffered the injury during a brilliant outing against the Diamondbacks in his first start of the season on April 5. He was shut down earlier this week after feeling some tightness in his shoulder while warming up for a start in extended spring training.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)