May 20, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the young right-hander will visit Dr. Lewis Yocum on Monday in Los Angeles. The Cubs are confident that Cashner will not require surgery to repair his right rotator cuff strain, but they obviously aren’t going to take any chances with someone who is regarded as one of the most promising arms in the organization.
Cashner originally suffered the injury during a brilliant outing against the Diamondbacks in his first start of the season on April 5. He was shut down earlier this week after feeling some tightness in his shoulder while warming up for a start in extended spring training.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)