May 20, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the young right-hander will visit Dr. Lewis Yocum on Monday in Los Angeles. The Cubs are confident that Cashner will not require surgery to repair his right rotator cuff strain, but they obviously aren’t going to take any chances with someone who is regarded as one of the most promising arms in the organization.
Cashner originally suffered the injury during a brilliant outing against the Diamondbacks in his first start of the season on April 5. He was shut down earlier this week after feeling some tightness in his shoulder while warming up for a start in extended spring training.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)