May 20, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the young right-hander will visit Dr. Lewis Yocum on Monday in Los Angeles. The Cubs are confident that Cashner will not require surgery to repair his right rotator cuff strain, but they obviously aren’t going to take any chances with someone who is regarded as one of the most promising arms in the organization.
Cashner originally suffered the injury during a brilliant outing against the Diamondbacks in his first start of the season on April 5. He was shut down earlier this week after feeling some tightness in his shoulder while warming up for a start in extended spring training.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)