May 20, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports that the young right-hander will visit Dr. Lewis Yocum on Monday in Los Angeles. The Cubs are confident that Cashner will not require surgery to repair his right rotator cuff strain, but they obviously aren’t going to take any chances with someone who is regarded as one of the most promising arms in the organization.
Cashner originally suffered the injury during a brilliant outing against the Diamondbacks in his first start of the season on April 5. He was shut down earlier this week after feeling some tightness in his shoulder while warming up for a start in extended spring training.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)