May 20, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Brandon McCarthy is both a fine pitcher and a funny guy, which is why it just plain sucks to see him back on the DL with another stress reaction in his shoulder.
Thousands of years after the rapture the new civilization will uncover what we leave behind and I’ll still be ‘on the DL’. #pitypartyforone
McCarthy previously missed big chunks of 2007, 2009 and 2010 with stress fractures in his shoulder, and his 2008 was marred by elbow problems. The A’s are hoping they caught this one before it turned into a fracture, but we’ll see. Hopefully, he makes it back, because he’s been excellent for Oakland this season, amassing a 3.39 ERA and allowing just one homer in 63 2/3 innings.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47