May 20, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Brandon McCarthy is both a fine pitcher and a funny guy, which is why it just plain sucks to see him back on the DL with another stress reaction in his shoulder.
Thousands of years after the rapture the new civilization will uncover what we leave behind and I’ll still be ‘on the DL’. #pitypartyforone
McCarthy previously missed big chunks of 2007, 2009 and 2010 with stress fractures in his shoulder, and his 2008 was marred by elbow problems. The A’s are hoping they caught this one before it turned into a fracture, but we’ll see. Hopefully, he makes it back, because he’s been excellent for Oakland this season, amassing a 3.39 ERA and allowing just one homer in 63 2/3 innings.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)