May 20, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Brandon McCarthy is both a fine pitcher and a funny guy, which is why it just plain sucks to see him back on the DL with another stress reaction in his shoulder.
Thousands of years after the rapture the new civilization will uncover what we leave behind and I’ll still be ‘on the DL’. #pitypartyforone
McCarthy previously missed big chunks of 2007, 2009 and 2010 with stress fractures in his shoulder, and his 2008 was marred by elbow problems. The A’s are hoping they caught this one before it turned into a fracture, but we’ll see. Hopefully, he makes it back, because he’s been excellent for Oakland this season, amassing a 3.39 ERA and allowing just one homer in 63 2/3 innings.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)