May 20, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
OK, there’s one more fun interleague rivalry: Cardinals vs. Royals. And actually, it’s less fun for the baseball than it is for the wonderful St. Louis-baiting done by Sam Mellinger today in the pages of the Kansas City Star. Makes my Philly-baiting look like child’s play:
•Kansas City: Was a well-known mafia hub and hometown of Jesse James a long time ago.
•St. Louis: Passed Camden, N.J., as the most dangerous city in America last year.
•Kansas City: Complained as Billy Butler led the league by grounding into 32 double plays last year.
•St. Louis: Pretending that Albert Pujols isn’t on pace to hit into almost 50 double plays this year.
And there’s a Cedric the Entertainer reference. Oh, snap. Snap, I say.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)