May 20, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
OK, there’s one more fun interleague rivalry: Cardinals vs. Royals. And actually, it’s less fun for the baseball than it is for the wonderful St. Louis-baiting done by Sam Mellinger today in the pages of the Kansas City Star. Makes my Philly-baiting look like child’s play:
•Kansas City: Was a well-known mafia hub and hometown of Jesse James a long time ago.
•St. Louis: Passed Camden, N.J., as the most dangerous city in America last year.
•Kansas City: Complained as Billy Butler led the league by grounding into 32 double plays last year.
•St. Louis: Pretending that Albert Pujols isn’t on pace to hit into almost 50 double plays this year.
And there’s a Cedric the Entertainer reference. Oh, snap. Snap, I say.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36