May 20, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
OK, there’s one more fun interleague rivalry: Cardinals vs. Royals. And actually, it’s less fun for the baseball than it is for the wonderful St. Louis-baiting done by Sam Mellinger today in the pages of the Kansas City Star. Makes my Philly-baiting look like child’s play:
•Kansas City: Was a well-known mafia hub and hometown of Jesse James a long time ago.
•St. Louis: Passed Camden, N.J., as the most dangerous city in America last year.
•Kansas City: Complained as Billy Butler led the league by grounding into 32 double plays last year.
•St. Louis: Pretending that Albert Pujols isn’t on pace to hit into almost 50 double plays this year.
And there’s a Cedric the Entertainer reference. Oh, snap. Snap, I say.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)