HBT Daily: Three “mehs” for interleague play

May 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT

I'm not going to join the "let's see how much we can overstate how bad interleague play is" contest, but I'm not all that excited about it either.
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. paperlions - May 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Oh, I think NL teams have a much bigger disadvantage….NL teams can’t afford to carry a guy that can only hit on their bench. When an AL team is sitting their DH, that just means that both teams have pitchers hitting, which doesn’t convey an advantage to anyone, really…whereas when the NL teams have to slap a bench player in as a DH, it is pretty clear that whoever they have that to put in that isn’t an everyday player will represent a disadvantage compared to whomever the AL team has to DH.

• kellyb9 - May 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Could we not do the DH thing today… I’m still worn out from yesterday’s debacle.

• rebarratige - May 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Seriously.

• Chris Fiorentino - May 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM

As a Phillies fan I agree…shoot, the Phillies have a tough enough time putting 8 major league hitters into a regular NL game. If they HAD to have a DH, I’d think Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels might find themselves in the lineup anyway ;)

2. yankeesfanlen - May 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Having Tiffany soliciting comments for the HBT Daily is a nice novelty, something akin to the Bikini Car Wash brainstorm that desparate local businessmen and Blue Network executives use to sex up sales.
    I think it works.

• cur68 - May 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Len I’d like to add that the sheer novelty of a smart woman who likes baseball, can talk about it with evident enjoyment, not know anything about the Watchmen, and STILL be smokin’ hot is what’s really working here.

Bubba likes smart girls…hur, hur, hur…

3. koufaxmitzvah - May 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I’m old school. I miss the 2 division schedule that had 18 games per opponent within the West and 12 per opponent in the East. It had both balance and familiarity while also providing a sense of how the team has bettered (or had gotten worse) during the season. It really is a bummer to see the Dodgers do the East Coast trip just once a year and vice versa. (Or, for that matter, visiting Houston, which used to be a real, live rival.)

Personally, I couldn’t give two squats for a game against the Angels. Unless it’s for a World Series title, save it for the exhibition season.

My “natural” rivals are the Giants. Always have been, always will be.

But, again, I’m old. With gray hair and no need for the bells and whistles of marketing.

4. APBA Guy - May 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Couple of quick points. First, love Tiffany. Why she isn’t bigger in the sports world I don’t know.

Second, Giants v. A’s today and for the weekend. It’s fun, the weather is perfect, and Timmy vs. Mr. Anderson on Saturday. How can you not get excited about that?

5. travisls - May 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM

This guy says Detroit and Pittsburgh who wants to see this who wants to see Pittsburgh and Houston. You are going to have bad match ups no matter what the schedule is.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3582)