May 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The Nationals, who hadn’t scored over eight runs in any of their 43 games this season, more than doubled that total Friday in a 17-5 win over the Orioles.
Five different Nationals homered, with Jayson Werth connecting on two for his first multihomer game as a Nat.
Ramos, who had never scored more than twice in any of his previous 51 games as a major leaguer, became the first player this season to score five runs in a game.
The 17 runs is the most the Nationals have scored since moving from Montreal and the franchise’s high game since 2004.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17