May 20, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays have placed right-hander Jesse Litsch on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement.
Litsch is 4-3 with a 4.66 ERA and 36/18 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts this season. The 26-year-old right-hander gave up six runs — five earned — on seven hits over five innings Wednesday against the Rays while walking three and striking out just one. Not only was it his shortest outing of the season, but his velocity was down a tick from his career average.
Litsch is expected to miss at least two starts, though the injury is not considered serious. Carlos Villanueva will take his place in the starting rotation Monday against the Yankees. The 27-year-old right-hander has a 1.48 ERA and 21/10 K/BB ratio over 24 1/3 innings of relief this season. He has made 27 starts during his major league career, all with the Brewers.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)