May 20, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays have placed right-hander Jesse Litsch on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement.
Litsch is 4-3 with a 4.66 ERA and 36/18 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts this season. The 26-year-old right-hander gave up six runs — five earned — on seven hits over five innings Wednesday against the Rays while walking three and striking out just one. Not only was it his shortest outing of the season, but his velocity was down a tick from his career average.
Litsch is expected to miss at least two starts, though the injury is not considered serious. Carlos Villanueva will take his place in the starting rotation Monday against the Yankees. The 27-year-old right-hander has a 1.48 ERA and 21/10 K/BB ratio over 24 1/3 innings of relief this season. He has made 27 starts during his major league career, all with the Brewers.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)