May 20, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays have placed right-hander Jesse Litsch on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement.
Litsch is 4-3 with a 4.66 ERA and 36/18 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts this season. The 26-year-old right-hander gave up six runs — five earned — on seven hits over five innings Wednesday against the Rays while walking three and striking out just one. Not only was it his shortest outing of the season, but his velocity was down a tick from his career average.
Litsch is expected to miss at least two starts, though the injury is not considered serious. Carlos Villanueva will take his place in the starting rotation Monday against the Yankees. The 27-year-old right-hander has a 1.48 ERA and 21/10 K/BB ratio over 24 1/3 innings of relief this season. He has made 27 starts during his major league career, all with the Brewers.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)