May 20, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
According to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays have placed right-hander Jesse Litsch on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement.
Litsch is 4-3 with a 4.66 ERA and 36/18 K/BB ratio over his first eight starts this season. The 26-year-old right-hander gave up six runs — five earned — on seven hits over five innings Wednesday against the Rays while walking three and striking out just one. Not only was it his shortest outing of the season, but his velocity was down a tick from his career average.
Litsch is expected to miss at least two starts, though the injury is not considered serious. Carlos Villanueva will take his place in the starting rotation Monday against the Yankees. The 27-year-old right-hander has a 1.48 ERA and 21/10 K/BB ratio over 24 1/3 innings of relief this season. He has made 27 starts during his major league career, all with the Brewers.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)