May 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
He’s been free of any post-concussion symptoms and has been in the lineup just about every day, but LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Morneau got a cortisone shot for a neck and shoulder injury last week.
Morneau’s season totals are still ugly, but since getting the injection on May 12 he’s 10-for-27 (.370) with a homer, three doubles, and a 1.026 OPS in seven games. Prior to that stretch he hit just .214 with one homer and a .591 OPS in 30 games.
Asked about the neck and shoulder problems, Morneau told Neal that he felt “good enough” following the shot.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)