May 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
He’s been free of any post-concussion symptoms and has been in the lineup just about every day, but LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Morneau got a cortisone shot for a neck and shoulder injury last week.
Morneau’s season totals are still ugly, but since getting the injection on May 12 he’s 10-for-27 (.370) with a homer, three doubles, and a 1.026 OPS in seven games. Prior to that stretch he hit just .214 with one homer and a .591 OPS in 30 games.
Asked about the neck and shoulder problems, Morneau told Neal that he felt “good enough” following the shot.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 34
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 51
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)