May 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
He’s been free of any post-concussion symptoms and has been in the lineup just about every day, but LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Morneau got a cortisone shot for a neck and shoulder injury last week.
Morneau’s season totals are still ugly, but since getting the injection on May 12 he’s 10-for-27 (.370) with a homer, three doubles, and a 1.026 OPS in seven games. Prior to that stretch he hit just .214 with one homer and a .591 OPS in 30 games.
Asked about the neck and shoulder problems, Morneau told Neal that he felt “good enough” following the shot.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 68
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 37
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)