May 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Trainer Stan Conte told David Ely of MLB.com that there’s still no timetable for Broxton’s comeback from elbow problems, but did say that the right-hander began a throwing program that allows him to throw at 60-65 miles per hour.
According to Ely that’s intended “to keep his right shoulder loose without putting pressure on the sore elbow.”
Conte indicated that Broxton is likely at least two weeks from throwing off a mound, which presumably means he’s probably close to a month from possibly resuming game action on a rehab assignment and unlikely to come off the DL before July.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17