May 20, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
If you were wondering why Orlando Cabrera wasn’t the one taking that sweet throw from Asdrubal Cabrera in the highlight from last night, it’s because he left the Indians yesterday to go to South Carolina where he is being naturalized as a U.S. citizen. Which is cool, though I’m not sure why it has to happen in South Carolina. Red tape.
As the article notes, you have to take a test on American history and civics to become a citizen. When I was in New York a few weeks ago, I was killing time at an airport newsstand where one employee was quizzing the other on the citizenship test. The woman answering the questions got every one right and was clearly set to ace it. I bet there are a huge number of Americans who would fail it miserably.
Kind of makes me wish that they gave it to the folks born here. If you fail you get exiled to a ship floating in international waters for an intensive study session and they you take it again. Fail it three times, you gotta work on the ship. The best part: the people sent to the ship will, by definition, be too dumb to realize that the whole setup is unconstitutional. Foolproof, I tells ya!
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury