May 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Bailey threw a total of 16 pitches and registered one strikeout. The 26-year-old right-hander has been sidelined since spring training with a strained right forearm.
The Athletics want Bailey to make at least four appearances in the minors before being activated from the disabled list, so assuming all goes well, there’s a chance he could return late next week. Brian Fuentes has served as the A’s primary closer during his absence, though he hasn’t saved a game since May 8.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)