May 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Bailey threw a total of 16 pitches and registered one strikeout. The 26-year-old right-hander has been sidelined since spring training with a strained right forearm.
The Athletics want Bailey to make at least four appearances in the minors before being activated from the disabled list, so assuming all goes well, there’s a chance he could return late next week. Brian Fuentes has served as the A’s primary closer during his absence, though he hasn’t saved a game since May 8.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)