May 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Bailey threw a total of 16 pitches and registered one strikeout. The 26-year-old right-hander has been sidelined since spring training with a strained right forearm.
The Athletics want Bailey to make at least four appearances in the minors before being activated from the disabled list, so assuming all goes well, there’s a chance he could return late next week. Brian Fuentes has served as the A’s primary closer during his absence, though he hasn’t saved a game since May 8.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)