May 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Bailey threw a total of 16 pitches and registered one strikeout. The 26-year-old right-hander has been sidelined since spring training with a strained right forearm.
The Athletics want Bailey to make at least four appearances in the minors before being activated from the disabled list, so assuming all goes well, there’s a chance he could return late next week. Brian Fuentes has served as the A’s primary closer during his absence, though he hasn’t saved a game since May 8.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)