May 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
The soreness in Jason Heyward‘s right shoulder is still causing him problems.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 21-year-old right fielder has been scratched from the Braves’ Saturday evening interleague matchup with the Angels.
Heyward also sat out of Friday’s series opener and is clearly a little more banged up than the Braves are letting on. He has now missed four games this month and has been limited to defensive and pinch-hitting duties in a handful of others.
Heyward is batting .214 with a weak .724 OPS through 161 plate appearances. He does have seven homers.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)