May 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
The soreness in Jason Heyward‘s right shoulder is still causing him problems.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 21-year-old right fielder has been scratched from the Braves’ Saturday evening interleague matchup with the Angels.
Heyward also sat out of Friday’s series opener and is clearly a little more banged up than the Braves are letting on. He has now missed four games this month and has been limited to defensive and pinch-hitting duties in a handful of others.
Heyward is batting .214 with a weak .724 OPS through 161 plate appearances. He does have seven homers.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)