May 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
The soreness in Jason Heyward‘s right shoulder is still causing him problems.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 21-year-old right fielder has been scratched from the Braves’ Saturday evening interleague matchup with the Angels.
Heyward also sat out of Friday’s series opener and is clearly a little more banged up than the Braves are letting on. He has now missed four games this month and has been limited to defensive and pinch-hitting duties in a handful of others.
Heyward is batting .214 with a weak .724 OPS through 161 plate appearances. He does have seven homers.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (171)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)