May 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
The soreness in Jason Heyward‘s right shoulder is still causing him problems.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 21-year-old right fielder has been scratched from the Braves’ Saturday evening interleague matchup with the Angels.
Heyward also sat out of Friday’s series opener and is clearly a little more banged up than the Braves are letting on. He has now missed four games this month and has been limited to defensive and pinch-hitting duties in a handful of others.
Heyward is batting .214 with a weak .724 OPS through 161 plate appearances. He does have seven homers.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)