May 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
The soreness in Jason Heyward‘s right shoulder is still causing him problems.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 21-year-old right fielder has been scratched from the Braves’ Saturday evening interleague matchup with the Angels.
Heyward also sat out of Friday’s series opener and is clearly a little more banged up than the Braves are letting on. He has now missed four games this month and has been limited to defensive and pinch-hitting duties in a handful of others.
Heyward is batting .214 with a weak .724 OPS through 161 plate appearances. He does have seven homers.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)