May 21, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
The three-run homer was only the second of the year for Bautista with multiple men on base. One issue there is that the Jays haven’t gotten a lot of men on for him: their No. 1 and 2 hitters have amassed a .311 OBP. However, Bautista entered the day batting just .179, albeit with 20 walks, in 49 plate appearances with RISP. He was 3-for-14 with two or three men on base.
It was Bautista’s third multihomer game of the season. He had nine last year on his way to leading the majors with 54 homers.
He’s currently ahead of that pace: on this date last year, Bautista had a mere 13 homers to his credit.
Bautista also singled and stole a base in the contest. He’s batting a ridiculous .364/.509/.841 in 132 at-bats for the season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)