May 21, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The three-run homer was only the second of the year for Bautista with multiple men on base. One issue there is that the Jays haven’t gotten a lot of men on for him: their No. 1 and 2 hitters have amassed a .311 OBP. However, Bautista entered the day batting just .179, albeit with 20 walks, in 49 plate appearances with RISP. He was 3-for-14 with two or three men on base.
It was Bautista’s third multihomer game of the season. He had nine last year on his way to leading the majors with 54 homers.
He’s currently ahead of that pace: on this date last year, Bautista had a mere 13 homers to his credit.
Bautista also singled and stole a base in the contest. He’s batting a ridiculous .364/.509/.841 in 132 at-bats for the season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)