May 21, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The three-run homer was only the second of the year for Bautista with multiple men on base. One issue there is that the Jays haven’t gotten a lot of men on for him: their No. 1 and 2 hitters have amassed a .311 OBP. However, Bautista entered the day batting just .179, albeit with 20 walks, in 49 plate appearances with RISP. He was 3-for-14 with two or three men on base.
It was Bautista’s third multihomer game of the season. He had nine last year on his way to leading the majors with 54 homers.
He’s currently ahead of that pace: on this date last year, Bautista had a mere 13 homers to his credit.
Bautista also singled and stole a base in the contest. He’s batting a ridiculous .364/.509/.841 in 132 at-bats for the season.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)