May 21, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The three-run homer was only the second of the year for Bautista with multiple men on base. One issue there is that the Jays haven’t gotten a lot of men on for him: their No. 1 and 2 hitters have amassed a .311 OBP. However, Bautista entered the day batting just .179, albeit with 20 walks, in 49 plate appearances with RISP. He was 3-for-14 with two or three men on base.
It was Bautista’s third multihomer game of the season. He had nine last year on his way to leading the majors with 54 homers.
He’s currently ahead of that pace: on this date last year, Bautista had a mere 13 homers to his credit.
Bautista also singled and stole a base in the contest. He’s batting a ridiculous .364/.509/.841 in 132 at-bats for the season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)