May 21, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The three-run homer was only the second of the year for Bautista with multiple men on base. One issue there is that the Jays haven’t gotten a lot of men on for him: their No. 1 and 2 hitters have amassed a .311 OBP. However, Bautista entered the day batting just .179, albeit with 20 walks, in 49 plate appearances with RISP. He was 3-for-14 with two or three men on base.
It was Bautista’s third multihomer game of the season. He had nine last year on his way to leading the majors with 54 homers.
He’s currently ahead of that pace: on this date last year, Bautista had a mere 13 homers to his credit.
Bautista also singled and stole a base in the contest. He’s batting a ridiculous .364/.509/.841 in 132 at-bats for the season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)