May 21, 2011, 10:44 PM EDT
Paulino allowed 23 hits and 12 earned runs in just 14 2/3 innings this season out of the Colorado bullpen. He was forced into a save situation in the 14th inning of Friday’s game against Milwaukee and surrendered a walkoff two-run homer to Prince Fielder.
Paulino owns a rough 5.93 career ERA and a 1.63 career WHIP, but he’s only 27 years old and still throws a hard fastball. He may draw some interest from teams seeking relief depth. The Rox will have all of next week to continue shopping him around.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)