May 21, 2011, 10:44 PM EST
Paulino allowed 23 hits and 12 earned runs in just 14 2/3 innings this season out of the Colorado bullpen. He was forced into a save situation in the 14th inning of Friday’s game against Milwaukee and surrendered a walkoff two-run homer to Prince Fielder.
Paulino owns a rough 5.93 career ERA and a 1.63 career WHIP, but he’s only 27 years old and still throws a hard fastball. He may draw some interest from teams seeking relief depth. The Rox will have all of next week to continue shopping him around.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 3
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 49
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)