May 21, 2011, 10:44 PM EDT
Paulino allowed 23 hits and 12 earned runs in just 14 2/3 innings this season out of the Colorado bullpen. He was forced into a save situation in the 14th inning of Friday’s game against Milwaukee and surrendered a walkoff two-run homer to Prince Fielder.
Paulino owns a rough 5.93 career ERA and a 1.63 career WHIP, but he’s only 27 years old and still throws a hard fastball. He may draw some interest from teams seeking relief depth. The Rox will have all of next week to continue shopping him around.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)