May 21, 2011, 10:44 PM EDT
Paulino allowed 23 hits and 12 earned runs in just 14 2/3 innings this season out of the Colorado bullpen. He was forced into a save situation in the 14th inning of Friday’s game against Milwaukee and surrendered a walkoff two-run homer to Prince Fielder.
Paulino owns a rough 5.93 career ERA and a 1.63 career WHIP, but he’s only 27 years old and still throws a hard fastball. He may draw some interest from teams seeking relief depth. The Rox will have all of next week to continue shopping him around.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)