May 22, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
He’s already ready to begin pitching again.
According to beat writer Mark Sheldon of MLB.com, Chapman has been sent to Triple-A Louisville and will begin a minor league rehab assignment Monday night against the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, Virginia. The southpaw played a game of long toss in front of Reds pitching coach Bryan Price on Sunday and checked out fine.
The Reds are hoping that Chapman will regain his confidence and command against a lower level of competition. He’s expected to make at least three appearances with Louisville before returning to the majors.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)