May 22, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
The Dodgers made a couple of major 25-man roster moves before their Sunday afternoon interleague series finale against the White Sox, according to MLB.com beat writer Ken Gurnick.
Rafael Furcal, who has been sidelined since fracturing his left thumb on April 11 against the Giants, was activated from the disabled list. Juan Uribe, who strained his left hip flexor muscle Friday night, was placed on the disabled list.
Furcal has been able to swing comfortably from the right side of the plate all weekend while playing in minor league games and should have no physical restrictions. He went 5-for-13 with a double and a homer in his four-game stay at Triple-A Albuquerque.
Uribe will leave behind a .220/.393/.333 batting line. He has disappointed in his first season with the Dodgers.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)