May 22, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a couple of major 25-man roster moves before their Sunday afternoon interleague series finale against the White Sox, according to MLB.com beat writer Ken Gurnick.
Rafael Furcal, who has been sidelined since fracturing his left thumb on April 11 against the Giants, was activated from the disabled list. Juan Uribe, who strained his left hip flexor muscle Friday night, was placed on the disabled list.
Furcal has been able to swing comfortably from the right side of the plate all weekend while playing in minor league games and should have no physical restrictions. He went 5-for-13 with a double and a homer in his four-game stay at Triple-A Albuquerque.
Uribe will leave behind a .220/.393/.333 batting line. He has disappointed in his first season with the Dodgers.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)