May 22, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a couple of major 25-man roster moves before their Sunday afternoon interleague series finale against the White Sox, according to MLB.com beat writer Ken Gurnick.
Rafael Furcal, who has been sidelined since fracturing his left thumb on April 11 against the Giants, was activated from the disabled list. Juan Uribe, who strained his left hip flexor muscle Friday night, was placed on the disabled list.
Furcal has been able to swing comfortably from the right side of the plate all weekend while playing in minor league games and should have no physical restrictions. He went 5-for-13 with a double and a homer in his four-game stay at Triple-A Albuquerque.
Uribe will leave behind a .220/.393/.333 batting line. He has disappointed in his first season with the Dodgers.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 86
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 64
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)