May 22, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a couple of major 25-man roster moves before their Sunday afternoon interleague series finale against the White Sox, according to MLB.com beat writer Ken Gurnick.
Rafael Furcal, who has been sidelined since fracturing his left thumb on April 11 against the Giants, was activated from the disabled list. Juan Uribe, who strained his left hip flexor muscle Friday night, was placed on the disabled list.
Furcal has been able to swing comfortably from the right side of the plate all weekend while playing in minor league games and should have no physical restrictions. He went 5-for-13 with a double and a homer in his four-game stay at Triple-A Albuquerque.
Uribe will leave behind a .220/.393/.333 batting line. He has disappointed in his first season with the Dodgers.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)