May 22, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a couple of major 25-man roster moves before their Sunday afternoon interleague series finale against the White Sox, according to MLB.com beat writer Ken Gurnick.
Rafael Furcal, who has been sidelined since fracturing his left thumb on April 11 against the Giants, was activated from the disabled list. Juan Uribe, who strained his left hip flexor muscle Friday night, was placed on the disabled list.
Furcal has been able to swing comfortably from the right side of the plate all weekend while playing in minor league games and should have no physical restrictions. He went 5-for-13 with a double and a homer in his four-game stay at Triple-A Albuquerque.
Uribe will leave behind a .220/.393/.333 batting line. He has disappointed in his first season with the Dodgers.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)