May 22, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Joel Rubin of the Los Angeles Times brings some uplifting news in the still-unsolved Opening Day beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow:
At about 7 a.m., the Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team descended on an East Hollywood apartment building with a warrant in hand. According to apartment building manager Maritza Camacho, police, using loudspeakers with guns drawn, called out to the occupants of Apartment 25. Inside was one of the men police suspect in the March 31 beating that left Stow with brain damage.
The LAPD isn’t offering many more details at the moment and is keeping the name of the man in custody under wraps. A reward worth more than $200,000 was being promoted around the region for any information about the two men suspected of viciously jumping Stow in late March.
Stow remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital. He was able to open his eyes last week but doctors say he is still a long way from fully recovering from the attack at Dodger Stadium.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)