May 22, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Big Puma’s sprained right wrist is all better.
Berkman sat out Friday and Saturday in Kansas City after departing Thursday’s game against the Astros one inning after making a fantastic diving catch. He is playing right field Sunday with Matt Holliday serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter.
Berkman, 35, has posted a tremendous .349/.455/.683 batting line with 11 home runs and 35 RBI in 39 games this season. He’s looking healthy and fit, and should be able to pick up right where he left off.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)