May 22, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Big Puma’s sprained right wrist is all better.
Berkman sat out Friday and Saturday in Kansas City after departing Thursday’s game against the Astros one inning after making a fantastic diving catch. He is playing right field Sunday with Matt Holliday serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter.
Berkman, 35, has posted a tremendous .349/.455/.683 batting line with 11 home runs and 35 RBI in 39 games this season. He’s looking healthy and fit, and should be able to pick up right where he left off.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)