May 22, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Big Puma’s sprained right wrist is all better.
Berkman sat out Friday and Saturday in Kansas City after departing Thursday’s game against the Astros one inning after making a fantastic diving catch. He is playing right field Sunday with Matt Holliday serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter.
Berkman, 35, has posted a tremendous .349/.455/.683 batting line with 11 home runs and 35 RBI in 39 games this season. He’s looking healthy and fit, and should be able to pick up right where he left off.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)