May 22, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Big Puma’s sprained right wrist is all better.
Berkman sat out Friday and Saturday in Kansas City after departing Thursday’s game against the Astros one inning after making a fantastic diving catch. He is playing right field Sunday with Matt Holliday serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter.
Berkman, 35, has posted a tremendous .349/.455/.683 batting line with 11 home runs and 35 RBI in 39 games this season. He’s looking healthy and fit, and should be able to pick up right where he left off.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39