May 22, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
He’s back. Well, almost.
According to Dave Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News, second baseman Chase Utley has packed up his things at Single-A Clearwater and is headed back to Philly in anticipation of a Monday activation from the disabled list.
Utley has not played in a major league game this season due to right patellar tendinitis. He spent close to two weeks on a minor league rehab assignment with the Clearwater Threshers, posting a respectable .281/.361/.438 batting line, one home run and four RBI across 36 plate appearances.
Either way, the Phillies are about to get a big boost offensively and defensively. Utley boasts a stellar .894 career OPS and has finished with more than 90 RBI in five of his eight major league seasons.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)