May 22, 2011, 8:49 AM EST
According to LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Twins made a couple of roster moves early this morning.
Glen Perkins, a successful left-handed reliever, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique. He will leave behind a 1.59 ERA, a 1.19 WHIP and a dominant .171/.256/.200 slash line against left-handed batters. The expectation is that he will miss around three weeks.
Replacing Perkins on the Twins’ 25-man roster will be left-hander Dusty Hughes, who opened the regular season in the major leagues but got demoted to the minors in early May after surrendering 16 hits and 12 earned runs in his first 10 2/3 innings. He hasn’t fared much better at Triple-A Rochester and could struggle again to retire big league hitters.
The Twins are 15-29 this season and currently sit 13 1/2 games back of the Indians in the AL Central.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 120
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 213
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (215)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)