May 23, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
I think I do at least a serviceable job with the Power Rankings each week, but mine really pale compared to what Grant Bisbee has been doing over at SB Nation. This week: he ranks the teams based on the most annoying player on their roster. At number one, the White Sox, who employ the roundly-loathed A.J. Pierzynski. At 30: The Indians, who don’t really have anyone offensive this side of the mascot.
I think the Braves would have ranked higher than 20 a few years ago, but the once-rabid anti-Chipper Jones lobby has gotten really small since he got old and relatively harmless. And as the Mets did too.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8