May 23, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
I think I do at least a serviceable job with the Power Rankings each week, but mine really pale compared to what Grant Bisbee has been doing over at SB Nation. This week: he ranks the teams based on the most annoying player on their roster. At number one, the White Sox, who employ the roundly-loathed A.J. Pierzynski. At 30: The Indians, who don’t really have anyone offensive this side of the mascot.
I think the Braves would have ranked higher than 20 a few years ago, but the once-rabid anti-Chipper Jones lobby has gotten really small since he got old and relatively harmless. And as the Mets did too.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)