May 23, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
I think I do at least a serviceable job with the Power Rankings each week, but mine really pale compared to what Grant Bisbee has been doing over at SB Nation. This week: he ranks the teams based on the most annoying player on their roster. At number one, the White Sox, who employ the roundly-loathed A.J. Pierzynski. At 30: The Indians, who don’t really have anyone offensive this side of the mascot.
I think the Braves would have ranked higher than 20 a few years ago, but the once-rabid anti-Chipper Jones lobby has gotten really small since he got old and relatively harmless. And as the Mets did too.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)