May 23, 2011, 2:32 PM EDT
David Wright took the high road in response to Fred Wilpon’s comments in The New Yorker. Now Carlos Beltran‘s agent — the inimitable Scott Boras — offers a somewhat more pointed, but still far from angry response:
“These statements are not indicative of the Fred Wilpon I know … If you’re a member of a team or an organization and respect one another, any evaluation or internal opinion of players currently on the team should stay there. If you want success and optimal performance, it’s best to keep those in-house.”
He went on to say that he’s always had a good relationship with the Wilpons and notes that if Beltran has a specific response to the comments he’s certainly welcome to make them. My guess would be, however, that Beltran is well-advised by his agent and won’t say anything crazy.
In other words, help us Jose Reyes! You’re our only hope to turn this argle bargle into a full-blown foofaraw!
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)