May 23, 2011, 2:32 PM EDT
David Wright took the high road in response to Fred Wilpon’s comments in The New Yorker. Now Carlos Beltran‘s agent — the inimitable Scott Boras — offers a somewhat more pointed, but still far from angry response:
“These statements are not indicative of the Fred Wilpon I know … If you’re a member of a team or an organization and respect one another, any evaluation or internal opinion of players currently on the team should stay there. If you want success and optimal performance, it’s best to keep those in-house.”
He went on to say that he’s always had a good relationship with the Wilpons and notes that if Beltran has a specific response to the comments he’s certainly welcome to make them. My guess would be, however, that Beltran is well-advised by his agent and won’t say anything crazy.
In other words, help us Jose Reyes! You’re our only hope to turn this argle bargle into a full-blown foofaraw!
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)