May 23, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chase Utley is back from the disabled list after missing the first 46 games with a knee injury and he’s hitting second in the Phillies’ lineup tonight against right-hander Bronson Arroyo and the Reds.
Utley has hit third for most of his career but does have 168 career starts in the No. 2 spot, including nine last season.
Tonight manager Charlie Manuel is leading off Jimmy Rollins and batting Placido Polanco third, which is one way to get a right-handed bat in between Utley and fellow lefties Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)