May 23, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chase Utley is back from the disabled list after missing the first 46 games with a knee injury and he’s hitting second in the Phillies’ lineup tonight against right-hander Bronson Arroyo and the Reds.
Utley has hit third for most of his career but does have 168 career starts in the No. 2 spot, including nine last season.
Tonight manager Charlie Manuel is leading off Jimmy Rollins and batting Placido Polanco third, which is one way to get a right-handed bat in between Utley and fellow lefties Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11