May 23, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chase Utley is back from the disabled list after missing the first 46 games with a knee injury and he’s hitting second in the Phillies’ lineup tonight against right-hander Bronson Arroyo and the Reds.
Utley has hit third for most of his career but does have 168 career starts in the No. 2 spot, including nine last season.
Tonight manager Charlie Manuel is leading off Jimmy Rollins and batting Placido Polanco third, which is one way to get a right-handed bat in between Utley and fellow lefties Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 60
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)