May 23, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Chase Utley is back from the disabled list after missing the first 46 games with a knee injury and he’s hitting second in the Phillies’ lineup tonight against right-hander Bronson Arroyo and the Reds.
Utley has hit third for most of his career but does have 168 career starts in the No. 2 spot, including nine last season.
Tonight manager Charlie Manuel is leading off Jimmy Rollins and batting Placido Polanco third, which is one way to get a right-handed bat in between Utley and fellow lefties Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)